Where I live, summer is short. We anticipate the season with pleasure. It’s a new beginning, a time to plant flowers and fire up the barbeque.
Regardless of where we live, new beginnings come to all of us. Some are more welcome than others, yet each is an opportunity to find new joy.
Each day is a new beginning. God reminds us of the fresh start we have every morning. Whatever is happening, or not happening in your life, choose to view this day as an opportunity for a fresh beginning. Watch for God’s mercies.
- Choose to embrace today. Find three things to thank God for.
- Choose to look at the faithfulness of God in your yesterdays. Think of the times He was there for you. Be reminded that He is your faithful guide.
- Take special notice of the freshness of God’s creation. Our lives are surrounded by barriers as we work in offices, commute in vehicles and are surrounded by busyness. These things can keep us insulated from the freshness of God’s creation.
- Consciously choose to enjoy God’s creation today. Find some grass and go barefoot… enjoy your lunch outside and watch the clouds overhead.
- Take a child for a walk. Enjoy a park swing and feel the wind in your hair.
- Open your eyes to God’s mercy and faithfulness all around you. Listen to the birds praise Him. Choose to see today through the eyes of God’s faithfulness.
Father God, Thank you that you make all things new. Please refresh me today in the newness and wonder of your love and your creation. Open my eyes to my blessings. Let me breathe in the wonder of life and rejoice in your faithfulness in this season of my life. Help me to embrace each new day with my hand in yours. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Go Deeper ― Whatever your season today, make a point of looking specifically for God’s mercies and recalling His faithfulness. It will increase your joy in pleasant seasons and will give you fresh perspective and strength through the challenging ones.
Photo Credit: Mi Pham